PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I have a tin of this years limited edition blend from Samuel Gawith on the way, but I haven't been able to find any reviews online. I know it is has only hit the shelves fairly recently, but I wondered if any others members a have had a chance to try it yet?

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
I got one but I wont be oppening it until I get more experienced.

so definitelly let us know how you like it!

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Will do :) Just had my first bowl of it and I'm impressed. But as it is 5am, I'll wait until I've tried it again in a less zombie like state before sharing my thoughts. The one thing I will say is "why have you made this a limited edition Samuel Gawiths???" :)

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
This is certainly a quality product and much better than last years special edition from SG. At least the price from (UK) retailers is the same as 100g as any of their blends. But I take your point that a limited edition is often used as a gimmick. Similar to using different covers a/designs which prompt keen collectors to have one of each.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I have yet to see a limited edition that was not a marketing joke. They take their leftovers from regular production, throw in some cheap Cavendish they get for cheap from somewhere, and sauce the thing to death. And then sell it for a premium price.
Ah well, wait a second, WO Larsen Edition 2011, was pretty much outstanding, and the ONLY exception I've actually seen and smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.