PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Since I am new to the tobacco world, I am looking for good places on the web to order sampler packs. I am not wanting to order single tins or single bags, I think I would have better success finding a variety of tobacco's I would enjoy by ordering sampler packs that come with 3+ one to two ounce packs or tins. I have checked out PandC, CandP, and 4noggins so far. Thanks for any suggestions you could provide!
Cheers,

Jared

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Pipe Guys have some "Bac Packs" that are probably good samplers. Even if one is out-of-stock, you can still get a good idea of what to order: http://thepipeguys.com/bac-packs

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Try a sample pack from Carol Burns at Pipeworks & Wilke. She's a bit pricey but her tobacco is top of the line and every blend is mixed by hand.
http://www.vtpipes.com/tobacco.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are some great samplers out there. I especially like the ones offered by 4noggins. However, another way to do a sampler is to assemble your own. This has the advantage of making you study the constituent tobaccos of the various blends, so you learn a lot before you buy anything. Right now you can get a discount on bulk tobaccos at smokingpipes.com or pipesandcigars.com. You could focus on Virginias, English blends, aromatics, or pick out a variety of different genres. I think the process of struggling with the vastness of the blends available, but limited by one retailer and bulk blends, would serve the best to learn and select. You will always have this wall of choices, so best to enjoy the process beginning now -- or at least that's one good approach. I'd order only one ounce of each blend, maybe six or eight blends, to get the best out of your shipping costs.
Don't order much of even the blends you especially like. Your tastes will develop rapidly. Save the ones you don't like as well; you may find you like them better when you try them again after a few weeks or months. Seal each in a jar and label it carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.