PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I got an email last night from someone I didn't know. He referenced my hoard of Condor and asked for a sample, offering to pay for it. I may have this guy all wrong, but in the end it seems to me that first he was phishing for me to send it free, which wanting to be a good guy, I offered to do. Note that he did offer to pay for it, but the good do not charge for samples. Note also that he referred to my stash as a "hoard," a further inducement for me to send it free, as he had reminded me of how much I had, and thus subtly inducing me to largesse. So I ask him to pm me his address, and he does without a word of thanks or appropriate gratitude for the gift, and he also phishes for my "UK connection," I suppose to try to get a deal himself as he supposes I have.
For me the foundation of my suspicions, which I had had from the very start, as I don't know him and won't think of hitting up someone for a sample unless I knew them, even if only by both us contributing to a thread and recognizing one another in the process, was not a word of thanks when I offered to send it free. I think he took advantage of the camaraderie on the tobacco boards.
So Mr. Fisher, no tobacco for you! You get nothing! Be gone and trouble me no more else I blast you, by name, on this board and the several other boards on which I participate. I suppose it never occurred to you to buy it yourself from the vendors listed explicitly by me and others.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"You get nothing! Be gone and trouble me no more else I blast you, by name, on this board and the several other boards on which I participate."
Nice, well worded riposte.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I express appreciation for sometimes wildly generous pipe related items sent to me from Forums members, I do not mention their names or "handles," for fear they will be subjected to this kind of thing. I guess anyone who has been a church member for any length of time has run into people who come to several services to hit up congregation members on the basis of their Christian or other denominational charity. You want to be generous, but you don't want to be worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.