PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Is there a vendor who offers a really good variety pack of samplers ? I would like to order a good sampler pack for a good friend who wants to start smoking a pipe. I think for Christmas I will get him a pipe and would like to start him off with a good variety of taboccos. :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
4Noggins has bulk tobacco sampler packs for only $19.99 in each of three motifs, aromatic, English, and Virginia. I think for

a beginner, perhaps the aromatic sampler pack would be perfect. If you want to buy two, you can flip a coin. I think I'd opt

for the Virginia, for a new pipe smoker, and let them "graduate" to English when they're ready. No predicting taste. There

are sampler packs from other online retailers, and sampler packs in tinned tobacco, but I think the 4noggins packs would

fill the bill.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
P$C has some sampler packs but they're all over the place.
They used to have a really great one, but replaced it with picking the 1.5oz tins instead of the 2oz samples. It's still okay I guess.
Someone should do a 1 ounce sample of a wide array of blends. The goal is to try as many as possible without being stuck with a bunch of stuff you hate. Hell, I'd argue that 1/2oz samples would be killer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
irish, I would be interested to know what you finally select, and which retailer you choose, and maybe later,

what your friend likes best in the selection. I'm not too concerned about someone "hating" one of the blends.

I think pipe smoking is a taste adventure, and what doesn't appeal immediately may unfold later. The retailers

who put these samplers together want to generate purchases, so they carefully select what will be the most

generally popular blends. They don't want to send out overly-challenging or rarely enjoyed blends. They

want your friend back buying more. He'll like some better than others, but I doubt he'll have any unpleasant

experiences with a sampler.

Status
Not open for further replies.