Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
My package of samples has arrived.
Samples.jpg
3 bags are John Bull which is a favorit regular of mine. The rest are try-out. On a scale of 1-5 for a quick overall rating process, in my opinion the following:

So far Ive tried...

Cest La Vie French Vanilla -2

Troost Cavendish Aromatic -3
Anyone tried these?

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Oh wow, very cool sample box! I've never tried either of the mentioned.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Sail Natural Dutch Cavendish -3

Says: Easy burning rich Burley and mellow Virginia to which tobaccos from Latakia, India, and Indonesia are added.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Was this something you purchased from an online retailer or was it a gift?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I think the Skandinavik Full Aroma sounds the same pretty much as amphora full aroma, and if it is it's an amazing smoke. And for that price it's something I would stock up on. They cost 40$ a pouch for a 50 gram pouch in Canada, just to give you an idea how far apart our prices are compared to the US on this stuff.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
They cost 40$ a pouch for a 50 gram pouch in Canada, just to give you an idea how far apart our prices are compared to the US on this stuff.
We(US) are heading your way on prices sooner than some think! Not to make you jealous, that's why I just ordered a Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired 1lb Box for $40.00! It will keep well in mason jars till I'm ready to smoke it...

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Just tried this one and I do like it best so far andrew.(besides John Bull)
Skandinavik Full Aroma. -4.5
Mature Virginia tobaccos are blended with toasted Burley tobaccos. The blend is pressed into cakes that are left to age before cutting. After curing, the tobacco is rubbed up. Skandinavik Full Aroma has sweet notes and a distinct high grade leaf tobacco flavoring.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Sail Aromatic -4.5

Orient and Virginia leaf, with Latakia and flue-cured Burley, including some mild, light fermented air-cured tobaccos. The product is pressed for a few weeks and then loosened after pressing. This gives the blend its typical aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.