PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Yesterday i found FVF at Tobbacopipes.com. I picked up 5 tins. Not sure how much is left but i know they still have some for all who are interested. They also had S&G's Navy flake. Happy Hunting!

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I've been waiting for the 250g to come back just for the price savings but I might be waiting awhile I guess.

erratum

Lurker
Jun 30, 2017
Traded a couple of McClelland Christmas Cheer tins for a big ol' bag of this a few years back at the KC pipe show. The stuff is stellar. Never cared much for McC VA (Catsup)but the stuff is like gold right now.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
In my experience all Samuel Gawith blends (and Gawith & Hoggarth for that matter) improve enormously even with just a year in the jar.
Visually compare fresh FVF with an aged sample, the latter is much darker.
Regards,
Jay.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
In my experience all Samuel Gawith blends (and Gawith & Hoggarth for that matter) improve enormously even with just a year in the jar.
Gotta agree with Jay.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
+1 hoosierpipeguy I agree with that. Love it fresh and it just gets better. I haven't smoked a Gawith or GH blend that I haven't liked the flavor of when fresh. Where I probably differ from most people is that I'd actually rather smoke fresh FVF vs FVF aged 15+ years. I love it when it has some sweetness but still retains a lot of that virginia tobacco flavor and saltiness. Once it turns black wish age it almost becomes candy. I know some people live for that sweet smoke, but it's too much for me. I prefer the deep VA flavor. 1-10 years of age maybe. Varies by blend I'm sure.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I pulled some Aged Bulk FVF and it smells like Hal O the Wynd! It’s drying as I type. OooWeeeDoooWeee it’s going to be good. For the record, it smelled grassy when I jarred it a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.