PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
A fellow forum member gave me some of a tin in a swap and I have to say I'm lovin' the taste of this blend. It's pretty cool, good flavor, positive room note. Can't really find a bad thing to say about it other than I'm dying to find a full tin of it lol.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
I just got a bunch on my TAD...they had it at pipesandcigars a couple days ago.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Starting to feel the vitamin N lol. I've been puffing on in pretty easily though so, hopefully it doesn't mess my stomach up lol. Plus, I just finished dinner an hour or so ago.

Aug 1, 2012
Every time I tried it my mouth felt like I was puffing on a bottle of hot sauce. I traded mine off to somebody who could smoke the stuff.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I got some 6yr old fvf in a trade a while back, I've been nursing it but its almost gone...very tasty

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Definitely a favorite here, I have quite a bit aging, the oldest is about three years old now. Can't wait to see what it's like at 10 years.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love the stuff. It's one of those flakes like Rattray Marlin Flake or Fribourg and Treyer Cut Virginia Plug that I always have on hand and always like to have aging. It is good at any age, but mind bending at 5 years and older.

bassem

Might Stick Around
Nov 20, 2009
A very good tobacco but high nicotine content. Something similar to Rattrays Hal o The Wind and as ohin3 said five years or older is a total definitely mind bending. cant agree more with this.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I really like the stuff, so much so I have 7 pounds in the cellar. 2 pounds is a few years old the rest is only a few months. I have found that the cube cut method works best on this one. I used to try the fold and stuff, but got some very uneven burns. I also notice that the bulk flakes are much thicker than the stuff that comes in tins, which is a little weird. The tinned version is definitely a little easier for fold and stuff.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I haven't tried cubing it yet, but I think I will on my next smoke. Folding and stuffing the bulk version was a pain becase the flakes are longer, stringy, and thick cut. As popular as the stuff is, I'm still unsure if I like enough to commit to againing a big stash of it. It is a great smoke however and does make for great trade bait too!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah tried fold and stuff method, didn't work as well as with other flakes. Next I'll give the rub out a go and see if it burns better. Also, I'll definitely give it some drying time.

Status
Not open for further replies.