PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
Hello,

I wanted to ask if there was a blend from SG that will be a good one for me to try. I have narrowed my likes to Virginia blends or VaPer.
Thanks for the suggestions!

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
The Full Virginia & St James are awesome but hard to find. Currently, the FVF seems to in stock in 50g alot of places. But the Medium Virginia/Golden Glow doesn't get alot of attention but it's quite nice too. I haven't had the Best Brown Flake yet but there are some strong supporters here and I don't think I've heard a single bad review. Basically, any SG Virginia is going to be great. I even like their aromatic stuff like 1792 and I don't generally like aromatics.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sg St James flake is one of my favorite Virginia/Perique blends. it is difficult to come by but worth the chase. I am also a big fan of Best Brown and FVF. SG has been making some of the best flakes on the market for decades.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone know what % of SJF is perique?
I doubt you'll get an accurate answer to this question. No one is going to release their blending recipe.
FWIW, though, I was noting in another thread here that as little as 5% perique is enough to make that the dominant flavor in a blend (according to All About Tobacco by Milton Sherman).

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I dig SG St. James Flake it is fantastic stuff. I will remind you all again that I have consistant access to all of the SG blends and can ship them to you. Problem is that I live in Nova Scotia and that means a tin of tobacco here is $23.00. My local B&M is always fully stocked on the full line of SG. If someone is desperate and doesn't mind paying $23.00 plus shipping I can get you any SG product you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.