Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I recently ordered some SG FVF (8oz bulk) and SG St. James Flake (also 8 oz bulk) from PipesandCigars.com and have just gotten them today. I wasted no time trying out the St. James Flake as many here on the forum have said how good it is. Well, I rubbed out a flake and after a good hour of drying time, gently packed one of my meers. What a great smoking experience. I had posted before about my troubles with trying to keep SG 1792 flake lit(bought in bulk as well) and was concerned that I would run into the same issue. No worries. This stuff is GOOD! I'd better order a bunch more before you guys buy it all and I have to bribe Harris for some. I understand now why so many here rave about it. If the FVF is anywhere near as good, I'll be a happy guy!

morton

May 3, 2012
Roth, I was a little worried about the purchase of more SG bulk as I had previously tried everything up to drying the SG 1792 until it was crispy dry and still had trouble keeping it lit. Never before or since have I run into that issue and I smoke a fair number of flakes, bulk and tinned. I am gearing up to try some blending myself and as I quite like Rattray's Red Rapparree, I may try to blend something like your personal mix of VA and Izmir. I'll let you know how it turns out.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rothnh: I am smoking St. James right now. It's quickly become one of my favorite VaPers. Knowing your tastes, you might find it a little spicer than you prefer, but it's a smooth tasting smoke. There's a bit of natural Virginia sweetness to it, too. I find it a little spicer than Escudo, if that helps you any. I'd suggest you get a small sample to see if it's too much perique for you. If it's not, I think you'll greatly enjoy it. If most of my stuff wasn't jarred and aging, I'd give you a free sample. The sample I'm smoking right now is nearly gone.

morton

May 3, 2012
I'll ante up if you're interested Rothnh. I don't mind sending a flake or two your way if you'd like to try this stuff. I'm going to buy more and cellar it so this stuff will be young but if you want a sample, let me know.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rothnh asked, "It's almost scary with these tobacco blends that are perennially so hard to get, like SJF, Stonehaven and others... what if I do buy some and I love it? Will I be forever doomed to scouring the 'net and placing phone calls -- consuming me with frustration? Ugh [:P] "
Uhhh..... yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.