PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Today I had a very nice Saturday planned. Go to lunch downtown at this amazing mexican hole in the wall place that serves great fish and seafood. I ordered breaded catfish and it came with fries, rice, salad, tartar sauce, lemons, and a garlic soup before the meal comes out. The garlic soup is amazing there (that's why we go) Water, tomato, garlic, onions, celary, bell pepper, salt, pepper, amazing. The Mrs. got cheese enchiladas with a special mexicanized salad of her own complete with olive oil, lemon, and avacados.
All this for $25 !! I love the south side haha. Needless to say I couldn't finish my meal. I was supposed to get 3 big pieces of catfish BUT I GOT 4. The day was off to a great start.
So onward we go to the thrift stores! I like to browse thrift stores and look at all the nic-knacks people donate or sell or who knows. I mainly go for the books. I can find books that are new to me for $1. We're talking last forever hardback books. I need another bookshelf or two I walk away with so many books.
Anyways, I'm browsing the nic-knack section with everyone's utensils and glassware and BOOM. I see this baby pushed to the side of the display it was on facing the corner; forgotten. I was so amazed that I had actually found a piece of pipe history that I second and third guessed myself. There's just no way I found cool stuff like this. It just doesn't happen to me.
It's a neat little 6 pipe holder.
P1281018.jpg

P1281026.jpg

It even has the holes in the back to give me the option to hang it on the wall which I thought was cool.
P1281027.jpg

I took a peek at the bottom and BAM. Still had the sticker haha.
P1281029.jpg

I take a look at the sticker on the bottom of my first pipe rack and humidor and the sticker was the same.
P1281030.jpg

So I kept on looking around double and triple checking everything to make sure I didn't miss anything hidden under everyone's crappy crap. Just as I was about to give up I glanced at this object and thought... "hey, that kinda looks like a pi...." Another PIPE THING! OMG COOL! Wait... what the heck IS it? I don't care it's $1 it's mine!
P1281033.jpg

P1281034.jpg

P1281035.jpg

I also, of course, turned this baby over to look at the bottom and laughed to myself. Along with the sticker on it for $1 there were two other faded stickers that you can see here. So it has survived at least two OTHER sales/owners besides me.
P1281036.jpg

So now I ask... What the hell was this thing made for? I know some pipers on here just stuff em full of pipe cleaners and leave it at that; which I will probably do and am perfectly happy at leaving it at that.
Remember the whole reason I go into these places? For the books. Got a couple here.
P1281038.jpg

So the price on the back of the pipe rack was $3.99, the clay pipe thing was $0.99, and I have no idea what the books were.
The lady looks at all the stickers and rings every thing up....
Sweet old cashier: "$3.75 please."
Pipe Smoker: "Okay."
Sweet old cashier: "Debit or Credit?"
Pipe Smoker: "Debit." *Walks out of store confused* 8)
Then on to the movies to end the evening. It was a good day.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
You can put your alcohol in the pipe looking thing for when you do salt & alcohol treatments, that's if it has a hole on the other end. That way you can pour it in with more precision.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Lol. No whole on the other end. If there was I can see SOMEONE using it as a gravy boat? Creamer pourer for thier coffee? haha. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.