PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iasskicker

Lurker
Sep 9, 2014
Hiya! I have this awfully stupid question. Every time i smoke i get this bulk of saliva in my mouth, why do i get that? and should i just swallow it or what?

iasskicker

Lurker
Sep 9, 2014
Well it doesn't really stop. The same happens with the cigar obviously cos you're not smoking it not inhaling it right?

iasskicker

Lurker
Sep 9, 2014
Sir I had them out 14 years ago. I think i get a mouthful cos of that. I think that's the reason. Bleh who knows

tallguy

Lurker
Sep 2, 2014
Forget about your tonsils... not related... :)
As another member said, it could be related to the aromatic tobacco, or just the fact of putting something in your mouth. I started pipe smoking about 4 weeks ago. I remember the fact that I felt I was over salivating (which was a bit unnerving). But, as I smoked more, the salivation problem disappeared.
Just continue... you'll see how it goes!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sounds serious ... when it happens does it look like this?
images

If so ... it's just tasty tobacco!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Hiya! I have this awfully stupid question. Every time i smoke i get this bulk of saliva in my mouth, why do i get that? and should i just swallow it or what? - iasskicker
I suggest bulk spittle should perhaps be a topic for Brian Levine's next podcast. Maybe get Dr. Bob Kiess (pipe maker and family practice doctor) as his guest to openly discuss this phenomenon. Perhaps the pipe makers out there could learn how to make pipes and stems that would slow down the over active salivary glands of the wet smokers who are tired of drooling as they smoke their fine pipes. (Just a thought). I know I'd listen to that show... after dinner, of course.
Pipestud

Status
Not open for further replies.