PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
My mom passed away earlier this morning at 10:15 AM. She was diagnosed with emphysema 2 years ago after emergency surgery to remove a blood clot. Her condition got worse over the two years and she finally is no longer in pain or suffering.
I collect pipes in memory of my dad who passed away in 1995. I do not smoke myself.
For any members who also smoke cigarettes please consider smoking only your pipe instead. I saw the pain and difficulty my mom went through and I hope no one else has to go thru the same.
Doug

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Doug, so sorry to hear this news.

Its tough no matter what, and words do not change that. But know I'm thinking of you and your family and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

One thing I know is you got to remember all the reasons why you miss someone, and not just remember the loss.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Doug, I am terribly sorry for your loss. Losing anyone is tough, especially a parent. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and prayers. She is in a better place, my friend.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Sorry for your loss, my Mom passed 2 yrs ago 10 miles away from yours. Hurts bad. Time helps but I still miss her every day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My condolences, Doug, on losing your mom. That's one of the most difficult experiences in life.

Take it one day at a time. Moms and dads do have a way of coming back around. Everything you've

learned from them, and all of the experiences you've shared, bring them back to mind.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
There is never anything that anyone can say that ever makes the pain better, but time does help. Take care of yourself, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
Sorry for your lose. Lost my mom 23 years ago and I still think of her every day. Her lose was the saddest period of my 63 years. God bless!

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Doug,
Your advice is correct, smoke the pipe instead of the cig. Your loss is familiar to me having lost my Father and Mother. Those are difficult times. Consider that your Mother is in a better place.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.