PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
There comes a time, when even the most loved pet must be put to sleep. My wife, Vet, and myself, all agreed that it was time to say goodbye to our 4yr old Humphrey. Despite several surgerys for urinary blockages, medicine administered daily, and $100.00 bags of Specialty Cat food, at 10:45 am today, Humphrey was put to sleep at the Veternarys. At 9:00pm tonight, I will smoke a bowl of Drum and Penzance, while I sit and remember the few terrific years we had together.
032.jpg

019.jpg

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Humphrey. It is sad when one must make the decision to say goodbye. Our pets hold special places in our hearts at times even treating them as if they were our children. I will also smoke a bowl of Penzance in memory of Humphrey.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I have always been a cat person, my dear dead cat was with me for 15 years, my parents got him way before I was born and he lived to be 25 years old. He died of kidney failure, which was said to be a natural death due age. Sometimes I still see him walking in my room, I think that is mostly just due to memories being played over, the human brain has some interesting tricks up its sleeves. Anyway, glad to hear you would go the extra mile to keep him alive, sometimes it is not ment to be.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Sorry fisher. I have felt that sting myself. About a year and a half ago, I had to get rid of my beloved dog Harley due to aggression issues. He lives somewhere else now which almost makes it worse. I wonder if they treat him right, if he's happy, etc.

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Been there myself and pets feel just like a member of our family.
It is never an easy choice but when it comes to the welfare of the pet itself, there is no choice other than we all know the right thing to do.
Sorry for your loss but time does heal the wound. :crying:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It's never easy,no matter how sick they are. May he rest in peace, and may you have fond memories to ease the pain.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
Tears come to my eyes on reading your post. I still miss pets who have been gone 50 years.
If you believe in the Rainbow Bridge, be consoled that you and Humphrey will someday

be loving each other once again, this time never having to part.
jrtaster/john

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
fisher, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss of Humphrey. We almost had to put down one of our cats when he was around 1 years old. He had an infect we though was under control but apparently was not and we had told the vet we couldn't afford the surgery so we were going to have to put him down. Eventually, the vet found a way to let a student do the surgery for a fraction of the original cost so he is still with us (minus an eye) but I still can sympathize with your difficult decision and spending what I thought was the last painful hours of my cat's life with him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I too will light up at 9 pm tonight in memory of Humphrey.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
So sorry man. I'm an animal person and I know this sucks. Hope that pipe helps. Sounds like a good combination actually. I plan on trying it as soon as I get some Drum. In the meantime, This bowl of Marilin Flake is for you my friend.
Cheers.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very sorry to hear it...especially as young as he was. He was fortunate at least someone made the effort to care for him...too many unwanted pets out there. I have a 12 year old dog that I rescued from the pound when she was about 6 months old. She's still doing well, but I hate to think of having to deal with her end of life issues when the time comes.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Terrible sorry for the loss of your pet. I was hoping from one of your previous threads that Humphrey would get better. No words I can say, can express how sorry I am about your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.