PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Any time folks go through a disaster I'm saddened and wish that I could help more than I am able to.The situation up north is horrible.Lives lost.Much property loss.People can't get to work for maybe several days.Billions in financial losses. My prayers go out for those folks.I hope they will get the help they need to recover from this situation.

Jul 12, 2011
Very sad indeed, not too far from us a tree came down on a

house killing two children...
I pray for all out there that have lost loved ones

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Several states have already been declared Federal disaster areas, which means they can get emergency funds from FEMA.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Well said puffy! I wish them the best. I used to be called to help. In a way glad

I can't any more. But I do hate seeing folks cause their own troubles.

For instance: That clasped crane shown on the news. I can't believe they didn't point

it toward the building, lay it on a beam and lash it down. CNN said "They weren't

expecting 90 knot winds!" Crap!

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
jesussendsholyspirit.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Just heard that the damage could exceed $100 Billion.

This is going to be a lot harder to come back from than Katrina.

We'll do whatever we can.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I cannot even imagine what they are going through out east. I can only keep them in my prayers and hope they are alright.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The coastal regions took the brunt of the storm. We're inland by about 90 miles in eastern Pa. The winds here hit 60+ mph but we didn't get the amount of rain that was predicted, so that's the good news. We were without power for 21 hours which is a mircale given the downed trees in the area. Others are not so lucky and could be without power for another 3-5 days. In NJ the story is much worse. The southern half of the state was crushed and it could be weeks before any progress is made.

This makes you appreciate everything you have in life. My best wishes go out to the folks in NYC and Long Island.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We had gusts up to 75 mph here in Western MD. Lots of trees down, but somehow I dodged that bullet and we never lost power. Lots of flooding. I drove past this small stream this afternoon, Antietam Creek near Antietam Battlefield.
579046_559562197393113_1584937471_n.jpg

This photo had the biggest impact on me, from Seaside Heights in NJ. I stood at this same vantage point earlier this summer, when I was in the area for work. Now it's just a pile of metal and debris.
A6eXYiyCYAANYFq.jpg:large

I hope all the NJ and NYC members made it thru this unscathed, but I suspect not.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
While I'm not close to NYC or NJ, I had enough wind blowing outside last night which gave me cause for concern. I was happy that we never lost power and that my family in the surrounding area weren't much affected by the storms either. That said, I can't even begin to fathom NYC without reliable public transportation and all that that implies (e.g. hospital workers not able to reach work due to subway lines closed from flooding, flooded streets making a 30 minute trip across town a 6-hour ordeal, etc.). Likewise those on the coasts have my prayers. NJ may not be my favorite place on Earth, but I wouldn't wish the trials they're going through on my worst enemy. For any members who are in the affected regions, you have my sympathy. I hope this forum brings you a small respite from the work ahead of you and some warm feelings to bolster your resolve.
-Jason

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Living down south I can't imagine the winters up north but I've heard about them. Imagine having to deal with the cold and then floods and power outages not to mention the loss of your home...especially this time of year when most folks have families to share Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays with. Our lives can totally change overnight and our priorities turn 180 degrees...been there myself. I hope FEMA acts as quickly as humanly possible to aid these unfortunate folks.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The power and extent of the storm is hard to comprehend. As far away as Chicago stiff northerly winds off the backside of the storm kicked up 22 foot waves on Lake Michigan! Fortunately there was no damage or flooding. Like Colcott said, it's misery, especially with the approaching holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.