PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I'm feeling pretty sad today. We just found out my wife's father was killed last night on his way back home in a car accident. He was a great man whom I looked up to, and he had a love of finer tobaccos. Tobacco was one of the things we bonded on when first met him and let him know I had planned on marrying his daughter.
And now, just a couple days ago I had given him a corn cob pipe (because he love the simple things like that) and we smoked some tobacco - which he hadn't smoked a pipe in years.
When he visited, he always wanted to help out with my work-shop project and then would spend time out here smoking cigars, cigarettes, and enjoying a good whiskey. Without him my workshop wouldn't be complete as it is today. His wealth of knowledge on a vast variety of topics will be sorely missed.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
So awfully sad, sir. My heart and prayers are with you and your loved ones. I hope that you can all spend a lot of time together this Christmas....

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. The loss of family is bad enough, but to add to that by the loss of a friend is tragic. Take care of yourself.

K

klause

Deeply sorry for your loss, Pylorns. My sympathies to all your family.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry to hear it pylorns. What you wrote portrays a great man indeed, I am very sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.