Sacramento Bans Flavored Tobacco

(13 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by loneredtree
  • Latest reply from pianopuffer
  1. loneredtree

loneredtree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Another mindless move by our politicians.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04/16/city-council-ban-flavored-tobacco/?fbclid=IwAR3KYbGYzdorUTv8PvUpdftj_jOjXLaC01TCEjmZUQ81xdyFcUbWLnJfL1c

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. Mark Twain

“Very few people are focusing on the potential damage this ill-conceived and hastily assembled homage to the ability of bureaucrats to conceive of all manner of problems where problems don't exist then apply solutions to those problems that only create new problems without solving the original problems at all will bring to many sectors.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  2. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It always starts in fucking kalifornia and then spreads to the rest of the country. Vaping is a legal product, they have no right to ban it from stores.

Harris
    Posted 2 months ago #
  3. loneredtree

loneredtree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As you might have guessed its "for the children".

Another brick in the wall.

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It does seem that many teenagers are into vaping and 'juuling'. Which is nothing but the NATURAL result of the war on tobacco: they just find something else to try, especially since vaping has been touted, even by 'experts', as healthy and non-tobacco.

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 2 months ago #
  5. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

California Über Alles!

California Über Alles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 2 months ago #
  6. tufftony

tufftony

Login to Send PM

cigrmaster writes:

Vaping is a legal product, they have no right to ban it from stores.

They'll have a much harder time suppressing Vaping. Unlike tobacco, the constituents
    of Vaping liquid are cheap and easy to find and once you've bought them it's easy to
    brew up a very large quantity of liquid to your taste that will last a very long time.
    It must take years for a smoker to create a substantial cellar but a vaper could create
    his in a month or two or maybe even less.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. verporchting

verporchting

Login to Send PM

A modest proposal: since it's always "for the children" why don't we ban children from public places where adults are enjoying our fucking pipes? And politicians. Yes, let's not forget the politicians.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. dontbeaburleyman

dontbeaburleyman

Login to Send PM

Can't buy vapes, but marijuana is available!!

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/in/united-states/california/sacramento

Can't make this stuff up!!

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's so much easier to blame the politician than the voter. We elect them, over and over. Then we blame them for doing what the electorate wants. If you don't like the situation, check 'em out before you vote. For those "one issue" voters among us ... well, you're SOL these days. No one is going to run on the issue of "two pipes in every den or man cave" or "free tobacco products and free health care." What happens simply isn't worth the angst.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  10. dontbeaburleyman

dontbeaburleyman

Login to Send PM

I promise. I'm not getting into a political discussion!

The voters are getting exactly what they want. It just so happens I don't agree with the majority.

The California Assembly consists of 61 Democrats and 19 Republicans. The Senate has 28 Democrats and 10 Republicans. I live in one of the last bastions of conservativism in the state. But there's not enough of us to make a difference. And it won't change anytime soon. We can't vote out (or vote in) the ideology we want because Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento are so big, they overwhelm the rest of the state.

So. I have to grin and bear it until the time of my retirement (have a good job and parents are still alive). Then I will move out of the state I've lived my entire life to get some peace from the madness. Until then, I will put up with no vaping but a marijuana dispensary on every corner! And my pipes will be not be seen in the public domain, lest I get fined or arrested.

Had to get that out of my system. I won't make further comments about California politics.

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. xingpao

xingpao

Login to Send PM

I would like to know what this means for cased and topped pipe tobacco, but the reporting covers next to nothing as usual.

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's so much easier to blame the politician than the voter. We elect them, over and over.
    AMEN Brother! Quit voting for the bastards that take rights away...

"the weez"...
    Posted 2 months ago #
  13. pianopuffer

pianopuffer

Login to Send PM

Yep, you can get high as a kite but you can't smoke your pipe in public.

Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cigrmaster, acidpox, alaskanpiper, anthonyrosenthal74, greeneyes, jiminks, glassjapan, tbradsim1, spartacus, madox07, mrenglish, danimalia, condorlover1