PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I met Ryan for the first time last night a the Las Vegas Pipe Show. He's a super cool guy and easy to talk to. I had purchased the Billiard prior to him leaving Texas so the meet was two-fold. Pick up the pipe and meet the carver. While we were talking I asked him about the possibility of buying another one, and since he had brought a few more to the show, he obliged. So he opened his bag and showed me this pipe but in a darker stain. I loved the pipe but not the stain, so he showed me the same pipe but with a lighter stain. It was love at first site, which was weird because I'm not a fan of most non-traditional shapes, but seeing this first-hand. I summoned the power of the wallet.
The Billiard is 48 grams and is 5 1/4 inches. Perfection!! It'll get it smoked sometime today.
The Squat Tomato (Blow-Mato??) weighs 41 grams and is 4 1/4 inches long.
I've only ran one bowl through it but the styling/shaping - the finish and the stem work caused me to commission two more (or was it the Jameson?) Either way they fit into my Devil Anse (Devil Blow-Mato or Devil Fish?) sized pipes that I love to clench and smoke while working in my office or driving.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
Wow! Those are gorgeous! I've never really cared for the look of tomatoes but there's something about that one I really like. It's looks like a nice clincher for sure. Congrats and enjoy!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well done!! Ryan is a top notch carver and fellow. I'll order a new one from him after I get home. I am now more in the lighter versions of his work. (Weight, not stain.)

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Great looking pipes! Here's to years of enjoyment from both of those pipes!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Jefff, my oldest Alden is closing in on 3 yrs old and I was smoking it when Ryan walked up. He examined it and proceeded to explain the little details that make his new pipes so much better. That's what I love about people who understand hard work.....always striving to be better.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
He has made me 2 pipes. In both instances he has contacted me telling me he had problems with various pieces of briar. On the first pipe he went through 5 blocks. That level of picky is very rare. I know I don't have it..:). But it makes buying a pipe from him a no brainer.
And the latest, a "Bent Egg Cutty" as I like to think of it, is beyond what I imagined. And it smokes like a ........ pick your adjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.