PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I grabbed these today from Smoker's Haven. This is my first Alden pipe and my second Nate King pipe. The Alden is a canted egg made from strawberry wood with iron wood. The Nate King is called a microphone and has titanium accents. The microphone I am sure will not be to everyone's tastes but I just loved the art deco vibe to it.
Special thanks to Mr English for pointing out the Alden to me.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Love canted bowls, the Alden is gorgeous. I also love the Nate King, but it looks more like a motorbike engine to me (not being old enough to remember Cords). I love it. If you didn't know, Nate King used to make transmissions for IndyCars and design aircraft, and you can see it in his pipes.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
So you got the "Airstream"?! AWESOME!
That Alden pipe is no slouch either. Well done, Peck!

Dec 24, 2012
"So you got the "Airstream"?! AWESOME!"
Is this the same one that was for sale at the show or just one like it? Surprised it didn't sell at the show. Maybe I'm the only one that loves the art deco look.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm pretty sure it's the same pipe. I follow Nate on Instagram and he only posted pics of one pipe like this leading up to Chicago.
-- Pat

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
That Alden is spectacular, I love it!

How does it smoke? I've often wondered about strawberry wood.
The other one is not something I'd buy myself, but I do admire the artistry.
Nice scores Peck, congrats!

Dec 24, 2012
I have a Paolo Becker strawberry wood pipe (blasted) and I love it. Thing is as light as a feather and a great smoker.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That Alden looks like a real winner Peck. I hope she is a great smoker.
The second one is a little "busy" for me, but I am a very simple creature.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Ha ! I need to have a talk with Premal. He thinks every pipe I make has Ironwood on it....

Thats actually Black and White Ebony on this one Peck.

I think it's really cool that you ended up with it. This is one pipe I had to fight keeping for myself. It's a great size, has a really nice organized blast (strawberry is usually pretty chaotic) and I felt like it blended some really disparate design ideals into a successful finished piece.

Hope you enjoy it Sir!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Both great choices but I really like that Airstream.
The resemble-lance to a vintage microphone is very apparent to me as well. One of my buddies uses one like this in his band to mic his harmonica.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.