PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesdownunder

Might Stick Around
Nov 3, 2013
I recently acquired this Peterson which was quite exciting for me as you very rarely find pipes locally here in Australia. The ones I have found before are normally Falcons or old beat up 'cant read' pipes.
I don't know a whole heap about factory pipes as I mainly collect/smoke/deal with Artisan pipes. Is there a Peterson aficionado out there who would like to impart some of their wisdom and knowledge with me about this particular piece?
0dKUDsj.jpg

DJPdFeB.jpg

8DfvldK.jpg

XTKiErH.jpg

Thanks,

Jake

Pipes Down Under

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It has some serious smoking behind it. I have only one Peterson P-lip, which I like -- don't look for more, but

like the one I have, a Killarney Rhodesian 999. This looks like a well-loved pipe that has seen the world.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
African Meer indeed and it looks like it has a System well. Judging by the serious chew marks to the stem and the stuff which has at some time oozed out on the military mount, chances are it's totally filthy on the inside and it will need a lot of love and patience to bring it back to its former glory.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Ditto what Stan said. Nice find. I've got a Peterson meer somewhat like that and it smokes really well...very dry and it really brings out some flavors in Englishes that I dont get from some of my briars.
Mine has what looks like a normal system stem, but when you pull it its actually different and even has a rubber washer that it fits into.

Status
Not open for further replies.