PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Well here it is, my first attempt at pipe making. This started from a block of briar and made from using wood chisels, a lathe and a lot of work from a Dremel Tool with various attachments. I did cheat a little and used a spare vulcanite stem I had laying around. I guess it turned out to be OK.
I call it Briar Rusticated Billiard 'Walnut Bark'
And guess what? She smoked great! Just enjoyed my first bowl in this homemade pipe, McClelland's 3 Oaks!
firstpipe1-1-600x458.jpg

firstpipe3-3-444x600.jpg

firstpipe22-600x459.jpg

myfiristbilliardpipe55-5-600x420.jpg

myfirstbillairdpipe1-1-600x458.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I think it looks great! That's some off the most natural carved rustication I've seen. Keep making pipes you've got talent!

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
The billiard is a deceptively difficult shape to make, and not recommended for a first attempt at pipemaking! You've done pretty well on this one. I've seen many "first pipe attempts"... Yours is better than most!
Cheers

-Walt

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I think that may be the nicest "first try" pipe I've ever seen. Great job on the rustication - I like the two shades on the bowl. Nice shaping of the bowl too. Very impressive — congrats!

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Looks good, I like the sturdiness of it, and the rustication is awesome. Very nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.