PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Been thinking about one of these for quite some time, I really, really like this shape. Was outbid on a Rossi earlier this evening, but found another in much better condition at smokingpipes.com. Hopefully it'll show next week and will be placed atop a new pipe stand I'm working on :D

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
You can buy a Rossi Vittoria Pipe Author for $41.05 at SP right now. That's the deal...

Jun 27, 2016
Did you go with a "Large", or a "Jumbo"? :puffpipe: Either way, I like the general inner chamber dimensions on those pipes.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I have also been looking to snag one of these pipes. I will be pulling the trigger on Friday .You cant beat 41 bucks!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
As soon as it arrives, I'll post it up.
If it's on Smoking Pipes, just post a link to the pipe itself on their site, or link the pictures to here. All their pipes have pictures online, and they remain even if the pipe is sold.
Anyway, enjoy your pipe, I look forward to seeing it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have much prized authors from Peterson, Luciano, and Kaywoodie (a Drinkless); the Peterson is rusticated. I like 'em just a bit lighter weight than the Sav 320 and its Rossi version, but it is a great shape with a broad bowl that cooks more complex blends just right.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I picked up a Morgan Bones Fat Author recently, that I'm guessing is sourced by somebody that makes for Rossi/Savielli (no idea though).

It looks pretty identical to Savinelli/Rossi 320s.

$45 shipped, but I think they sold out of em.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I was so very pleasantly surprised when I recently got my Vittoria 320 in that it is really quite a quality pipe and for $41 to boot. Now my favorite pipe. Will say that, at that price, the only price I ever paid for a pipe that was more of a deal than that was when I lucked into a Peterson deluxe system pipe-a blasted 4s-on eBay for $49 some years back.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
002-577-3965.jpg

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Congrats; I know that no single shape is the "answer" but I love Authors, and the Rossis are great low-cost options that smoke well. Some consider 320s to be like Hot Wheels, you can buy the same '57 Chevy Hot Wheel again and again, but this one has a different stripe or wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.