PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
To quote from a BBC news artical - "Russia's recent movements near Syria's city of Latakia suggest that Moscow plans to establish a "forward air operating base" there, the US has said."
Pictures of Russian renovations to the air port in Latakia look like they are planning to stay for a while.
The Syrian latakia tobacco situation probably won't be improving...
BBC Artical

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Political Posts Not Allowed
6. We want to keep it friendly and fun around here. Political threads make it nearly impossible to maintain that type of atmosphere, so they are forbidden ... (unless they have to do with tobacco policies and legislation).

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Yeah. Don't need any political stuff - just saying that this could be an indication of the Syrian tobacco supply not recovering.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The Syrian latakia tobacco situation probably won't be improving...
Gee, you think? I'm sure the tobacco situation is a top priority for the Russians, the Alawite Syrians, Iran, the US, Hezbollah, Israel, Turkey, ISIS, Al Nusra, the Kurds, the Druze, Jordan, the Sunni Arab states......starting to get my point?

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
dmcmtk, as an Army special operations war veteran, I get it - very keenly.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted this - thought it was somewhat interesting and was tobacco related - feel free to lock it up I guess.

Mar 1, 2014
In my mind this just brings up the need for a locally produced smoked leaf. It could open up the English category to an entirely new swath of blends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The US does have some wonderful aromatic woods tha I am sure could produce very tasty results, but with the present tobacco climate being so stormy here, it most likely won't happen. Perhaps our briar brothers across the pond could lend a hand!

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Thanks dmcmtk. Not really hunting for respect, just saying that I understand.
I think developing a US smoked leaf with domestic woods (hickory, mesquite, etc) would be thrilling. I'd love to see the Dark Lord, Mr. Pease, and C&D have a go at developing something like that... Greg is probably the world's foremost expert - if any sort of viable solution could be done, I believe that man would be the one to do it. Not necessarily a latakia duplicate, but something in that ball park using domestic sources of leaf and woods.
Maybe he's already basically done that with some of his newer blends using dark fired Kentucky...
What is Kentucky dark fired actually fired with? Does anybody know?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
We should raise money through Kickstarter and raise an army to take Latakia as well as the Syrian tobacco growing region!

Status
Not open for further replies.