Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Got a flyer in my order today and can't locate them on the P&C site. What's up, do these actually exist?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
B-41 looks very interesting. Thanks Cossackjack, anyone know if these will be around until the Obamafied-FDA decision is fully activated, where legal products will be liquidated?

lvs13

Lurker
Jun 28, 2016
has anyone actually received any of the blends yet? They went from backordered to Out Of Stock. I have an in stock notification setup but never received one.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
I was told that individuals that ordered them while they were listed on back would get what they ordered. It was switched to out of stock when the the number they knew they were getting was ordered on each blend.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Some just arrived today, and more will be following. Obviously, all the manufacturers are scrambling to beat the clock, but rest assured that the product will be available shortly.
Russ

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Folks, do not hesitate on these! These are some truly unique blends that Russ and Mark Ryan have been working on for well over a year. Might be two years. And they are every bit worth the wait.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Fear mongering produces price gouging
I guess there could be some of this going on, but when the price was talked about in another thread last week, Russ mentioned that the components for these blends is/was pretty pricey. That said, I just spent $150 to get ten 50gr pouches of Plug from GQ over here.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Fear mongering produces price gouging
I rarely take offense at criticisms, but this is patently unfair. Straight St. James Perique (which is rarely used in blends today) is about twice as expensive as the typically used Acadian Perique. On top of that, these Periques are St. James varietals that were only made one year. The cost of the tobacco is, therefore, much higher due to cost of processing and the rarity of the leaf.
Russ

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
St. James Perique is the epitome of small-batch/hand processed...all the way down the line from seed to tin. There is no other comparable tobacco on the market that I am aware of. In fact, it nearly went extinct until Mark Ryan rescued the operation from the brink of collapse. Very labor intensive, very reliant on the institutional memory of the farmers and folks who process that rare leaf into finished perique. We don't hesitate paying good money for small batch whiskey, because we know the work that went into it and the great pleasure that we get out out of it. Same thing here.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I hope they are going to fill the back orders on these. I ordered several tins when they could be back ordered and not marked out of stock. I am more than willing to pay for the better tobacco being used and trust Russ that these blends will be excellent. If you think $19.99 is expensive, just wait a few months! 8)

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
We don't hesitate paying good money for small batch whiskey, because we know the work that went into it and the great pleasure that we get out out of it. Same thing here.
That sums up my opinion far better than any words I could write. :clap:

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Glad to see Russ take a stand on this one. Some people aren't happen unless they have something to bitch about.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Russ has always been candid and straight forward, and if that's what the cost is, I have no problem with it.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for the support, folks. We received 10 tins of each to be able to make sure that they launched in time for the August 8th deadline, but we have received another 490 tins of each of the RO Series and Golden Triangle Series blends, so we should be able to fill backorders shortly.

Also, we don't anticipate raising the prices on these blends unless there's an increase in cost to us.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.