PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of Russ O.'s monthly blends, a fine Americana Virginia, burley and Cavendish blend just right for cob pipes and the outdoors. I bought this a while back and jarred it up, but keep coming back when I'm in the mood for something relaxing and not at all overbearing. Here's the PC pitch:

Russ' Log Cabin

4.31 OUT OF 5RATINGS26WRITE A REVIEW

Share:

Russ' Monthly Blend - Log Cabin is just the kind of blend you can imagine puffing on while sitting on the front porch of a cabin on a lake. This is a blend of two different Burleys - one with no top note, and one that's been gently sweetened. This is combined with a nice helping of a toasted, unflavored black Cavendish, with a natural brown sugar flavor. The mixture is completed by the inclusion of some Virginia to add a toastiness. The room note is gentle, but pleasant, and this cool blend is mellow and gentle enough to enjoy all day. The mellow sweetness will make Log Cabin a great companion while taking a hike or out in the boat fishing. Actually, we think you'll enjoy it pretty much anytime, anywhere.
This is a great change-of-pace blend for the non-aromatic smoker that takes advantage of the non-flavored tobaccos to provide the taste. It's a good old blend without being too tame or boring. Give it a try.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Sounds excellent! Is there anything you would compare it to? Is it similar to well-known codger burleys generally?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The closest to a comparison I can think of are my own home mixes of Va/bur/Cav, but for obvious reasons Russ does this with a lot more experienced touch. He gets this familiar trio together so it has a sustained mildness without being bland. It's like a comfort food only in a blend.

Reactions: krizzose

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’ll have to give this a try. I’ve been doing a lot of blending lately, and I’ve been farcically unsuccessful in my many attempts to make just this sort of blend. Perhaps I should just leave it to the professionals.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I like tinkering with blends as well. This morning I had a bowl of half Sam gawith firedance flake rubbed out and half lane edgeworth ready rubbed match in a cob. It was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.