PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Russ, you mentioned that you might bring this blend back for short periods of time. Is this still in your plans?
I was rummaging through my cellar, such as it is, and found a 2oz jar of this from 2017. It is a incredibly good English that everyone should try. It is more earthy than most English blends.... Very rich smoke that stands up to strong coffee, tea, or Irish whiskey. I will be buying more if it is ever produced again. It is better than Larry's Blend but I have not figured out what makes it so.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Something to do with how he processed the latakia. For some reason I remember something about crystalizing some of the latakia.

Jun 27, 2016
You're probably thinking of the granulated Latakia.
If someone likes AB, then they might like Peretti English 220, as it reminded me a little of AB when I smoked some of mine recently.

:puffy:

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I didn't know this went away. That's really unfortunate. I found a couple bowl's worth upon return from hiatus. I prefer Larry's Blend, but AB is also an excellent tobacco. I think AB is sweeter, maybe more VA forward, where as Larry's is more sour and spicy and Oriental forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.