PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Does it ghost a pipe?
It has been 30 years since I have smoked anything "aromatic"....if that is what the Yacht is. I have a few cobs for trying different blends, but will it ghost a briar?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have noticed very light if any ghosting, nothing like a Lakeland or 1-Q for example. But, I usually smoke mine in a cob for convenience/volume's sake...

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
It's really more of a blessing than a ghost, and it doesn't stick around very long.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Nope, never noticed any ghosting in the years that I've smoked it and I certainly wouldn't classify it as it an 'aromatic'.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
My Yacht is finally on its way. Bumped Black Frigate down the line to get it. Don't tell the Captain of The Black Frigate... I don't want to walk the plank. :wink:

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
No, I never noticed any ghosting.. one of the few tobaccos that I use with all my pipes without fear of ghosting

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
It's interesting because the tin note is fairly strong, but whatever it is must evaporate entirely, because I've never noticed it hanging around, and the topping is quite subtle during the smoke.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I never found RY to ghost, at least not in the sense that a Lat-bomb or a typical goo-soaked aro does. Or heaven forbid, a lakeland. That stuff could flush ghosts out of a haunted house.
RY is basically a straight VA with topping so indistinct and unidentifiable that if it does ghost, it's hard to tell. Not like you can taste if Latakia or cherry syrup has been there. In fact if you do more than just lightly sip RY it tends to taste like a stale unfiltered Lucky or Camel.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Sometimes I SEE ghosts when I am smoking Royal Yacht. But I've never had it ghost a pipe.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I can hardly even pick up on the top note when I'm smoking it to be honest. No worries about it ghosting... great blend though and I agree that it shouldn't be considered an aromatic although I wonder sometimes if the plum topping affects the smoke like an aromatic and makes it pleasant to those around you? Anyone get any compliments from the room note?

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Anyone get any compliments from the room note?

My wife actually dislikes RY more than anything else I smoke. Mostly due to what shutterbug observes:

In fact if you do more than just lightly sip RY it tends to taste like a stale unfiltered Lucky or Camel.

Whenever I light it up and puff quite a bit at the beginning, it gives off that unfiltered cigarette odor, which she is not a fan of. She's never noticed the room note being affected by the port-like topping, and I haven't either when others have smoked it. Strange, as it's quite perceptible in the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.