PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Has Royal Blunder Kake been discontinued? I placed an order for some and it was backordered. Now I see it is missing from P&C's website.....

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Yes, it has. It was just a mistake, because, while I was out following surgery last year, one of our guys made a batch of the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club blend, Great Hiatus. For whatever reason, he pressed it and realized it was meant to be loose cut. The only reason we listed it was so as to not waste the tobacco. So, if you want the same blend, you can get Great Hiatus.
Russ

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Russ, thanks for responding so quickly. I don't mind it is discontinued, but I never received an update that it was never going to ship, and have not received a refund as of yet. It would be nice if P&C could do a better job of updating the status of orders that partially ship. My order under my account at P&C shows everything shipped but it has not. There was hand written note on the invoice that shipped with my order that said it was back ordered. This has been pending since 05/10/2013. I'll call customer service to follow up on my refund and another order that also partial shipped.

Thanks

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Their website has improved tremendously, and I have never had an issue before the move. But recently it has become a hassle to track the items they don't ship due to backorder. Specifically because the status is not accurate in order history details. If they can fix that it would be great. I really enjoy many of the tobaccos only the sell, so I will continue to be a customer.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Right now, it is almost ridiculous the amount of items that are listed as backordered or out of stock. As an example, on the pipe filter page out of 19 items only 2 are listed as in stock. From the looks of their website, they have more items out of stock than in stock, at least those that relate to pipe smoking.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I just wish they would ship to Washington State, now that would be amazing!!

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
At least we found out what the mystery blend was in Royal Blunder Kake.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I've addressed elsewhere what happened with backorders. They've gotten much better in the pasy few eeks, but some items from certain suppliers have taken longer than others. In the next couple of weeks we should be pretty much back to normal, as these last handsful of orders arrive.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.