PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slrichman

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Yes, it's a McClelland, so good luck in finding it. But I had to say something. A few months ago my local tobacconist handed me the tin, dated 2007. It had been on the shelf a long time, but weirdly I paid it no mind. I only opened it up two weeks ago. It is the best latakia blend I have ever tasted! It is Syrian, and maybe that's why. At any rate, with McClelland gone and Syria in bad shape, we may not see its likes again. Alas. Well, I still have the better part of a tin left. I will savor this heavenly creation.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I still have a tin of this in the cellar. Its a really nice blend. The Virginia is the primary player. Rose of Latakia is to Syrian what Drama Reserve is to Oriental.
Mike S.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
It got so many bade reviews I neglected it until it was too late. Luckily I managed to trade for one.

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
glad you got to enjoy it Sheldon, yes probably gone for good.
anyone tried Mac Baren Syrian? Its still available I think.

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
I like MB Vintage Syrian, it's still available for now, probably not for too much longer.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I don’t get same enjoyment from Macbaren’s Syrian that I do from McClelland. I have three tins from it’s early years that will probably sit until I need tobacco.

Mike S.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Mac B Vintage Syrian is a little lackluster imo. The MacC and Brebbia Syrian blends are far superior. Just my humble opining. Dan’s Gordon Pym is another to try if you like lighter English blends with Syrian...if you can still find it.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Lackluster. Yes. I enjoy several Macbaren blends, in fact, I have a tin of HH Highlander open right now. But, the Vintage Surian disappoints these tastebuds.

Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.