PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocajo

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
My cobs from Missouri Meerschaum have always been my go to pipes. I often pass by more expensive briars because the cobs are just "consistent". Having said that I have always wanted a couple of Ropp cherrywoods to add to my collection. Does anyone have any real "smoking" experiences with the "traditional" Ropps?

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I have two old cherry wood Ropp pipes that I smoke when camping or fishing. For me the cherry wood adds a bit of a sweet taste to my tobacco. All in all I have had some good consistent smokes with my Ropps. If you find some in good condition they can be good smokers.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome to the forum cocajo!
I have no experience with the Ropp pipes but would recommend checking out Mr. Brog pipes.
They use alternative hardwoods like cherry and pear and get good reviews.
Also, Mr. Brog happens to be a site sponsor ... the link is on the far left of the page.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Mine smokes really well and nothing scratches that "Hillbilly Cool" itch like a Ropp :)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I plan to add one to the collection when I find the right one. My great grandfather smoked one and I have been hunting for one like his. Nothing like a big thick bowl.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Diablomm1, not sure if you read the forum rules, but you cannot advertise unless you are a site sponsor!

Status
Not open for further replies.