PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Here's a Ropp Supreme I picked up on Ebay for a song...It had a tremendous amount of cake in it. The stem had two large teeth marks top and bottom that luckily, I was able to raise almost all of it flush with heat. Let it soak in Oxiclean for about an hour. Stem was almost blocked solid with gunk. Spent a lot of time polishing the stem. Found some small 1500 grit yellow erasers at Hobby Lobby. Helped a lot.

Stripped the pipe clean with 1500 grit, re stain light brown, buffed smooth with white diamond and finally carnauba wax. Not totally perfect but I like the way it turned out. I knew there was a beauty hiding under all the gunk. Next will be the salt and Everclear treatment. I still need to get some "Hard as Nails" white fingernail polish for the R inside the circle on the stem. Just a few minor touches left.
Before

ropp2-600x403.jpg

After

ropp5-600x450.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That pipe was so cruddy, you were brave to take it on, but oh boy, you were rewarded. 'Love the

six panel design, which is pretty unusual.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Hey Tuold...the logo was covered with grime....tried to fill it in with white out but I want to try the white nail polish to make the logo pop out. Got lucky on this pipe, didn't have any fill holes in it. You always take a chance buying estate pipes without seeing them first.
Here is the other side!

ropp4-600x450.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You made a great catch, Moon.
I love your restoration and the effort really paid off.
That burner is drop dead gorgeous.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.