PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
I have started the taste everything to find what i like so far so good, but i have come to the rope/twist. I have tried thin cuts, ripping apart, and putting some loose on top forget just pushing it in as no air passes through in all methods tried i still have trouble keeping it lit what gives?, am i doing something wrong here or what.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Cut off coins and rub it out . A cigar cutter works well for the process. Bob has an article on it as well, http://pipesmagazine.com/python/pipe-tobacco/how-to-prepare-rope-twist-pipe-tobacco/

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I have some Black Irish X I am going to try for the first time today, I hope it is good, because the rope looks like doggie doo. :)

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
Thanks uncle i have just tried that method that was demonstrated on the video that bob made but not the rubbing out part which i'll do next time i smoke it. The tobacco i find is quite strong and the nicotine rush hit's in just 5 mins of smoking it so i only do short smokes with it but thanks for the info. Jankomatic it is really nice gives off a sweet smell and taste i have both cinamon and rum and the smell left in the room isn't too bad either.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Jankomatic, I like Black Irish X. Have you tried the Sweet Maple Twist by G&H? It's basically the same tobacco with a hint of sweetness. Very mellow.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
This is my first twist, I am about to go cut it now. I looked at the Sweet Maple, but decided to start with this Black Irish instead.

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
@marmal4de and unclearthur - thanks guys for posting the link - great articles :)

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
IMO ropes benefit from extra drying time. If you think it's ready to smoke, let it sit for an extra 20 minutes. I usually smoke ropes in a calabash, the wide bowl works well for me. I also usually have a large glass of iced tea with it.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
like kcvet67 said... ropes certainly require more drying time than most cuts. In fact, I usually dry my coins out overnight. That way they're definitely good to go by the time you get to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.