PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I have some SG xx black irish rope that I just noticed again this week, and have been slicing it up, rubbing it out and adding it to bowls in small quantities. I would not be able to smoke it straight, for me that is a nicotine overdose.
I was surprised to find how dominant it was when I mixed it with some Presbyterian. I only put a pinch in the middle and 3 or so leaves on top, and yet most of the bowl had that smooth rich SG rope flavour, it was not until a relight about halfway through that I tasted the old familiar Presbyterian coming through.
The next bowl I mixed in about a third rope with 5100 red cake, and although there was more rope in the bowl I had no trouble distinguishing 5100 in almost every puff.
Coming to think of it, the rope in the first bowl was not really given time to dry out, I wonder if that plays a part in it being so dominant, the Presbyterian was the last scraps in a bag and definitely dry in comparison.
Anyway I will keep adding rope to bowls this week and report back, but please let me know what you mix your rope in with.
Isaac

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Though I love Black XX in a large bowl by itself, I do sometimes mix it 50/50 with Jack Knife Plug.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
"Condor plug and Brown Irish Twist is good high octane mix."
No kiddin'. You could burn that in a P-51 Mustang.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The black twist has a stronger taste than anything else, so will dominate the flavor pattern, but whatever you mix it with will become a background flavor that can accent different parts of the rope flavor. I tend to mix it with sweet tobaccos like Late Night.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I usually use Brown Irish twist or Cotton Boll to mix with other blends and use this mix at work. The extra nicotine is handy for quick breaks. I haven't tried the black twist yet but I'll have to put some on my next order, it sounds tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.