PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I got some Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Bulk Black Irish X in my recent TAD order. I've never had a rope baccy before, so my question is how do I prepare it for smoking?

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Mike I've been thinking about doing an experiment with making a rope. I read what you posted before when you made one. I’ve already been looking into raw tobacco, because my mind never stops, OCD and I sleep 4 hours during the day.
But I'm actually a very good sushi roller. Quality raw pipe tobacco leaf is not very expensive and you can do anything you want to it, and with it. So I may play around some things once I've played with just some simple blending.
Craig

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I DID do a search for raw tobacco, even tho I wasn't particularly interested in doing my own. Holy cow! You can now officially buy anything on the internet!!

Jan 8, 2013
I looked up a bit online earlier today, cool stuff. But I wouldn't even know where to begin blending my own tobacco. Sure I could get one of those tobacco shredders and mix a few different leaves together... but how much of which compared to what, and what do you mix it with? What do you do before you cut the leaves and what do you do before you mix them.... what do you mix them with? How do you cure and all that other good stuff? Should it be blessed to keep the demons at bay.....?

Jan 8, 2013
Oh rock on! Looking forward to that. Just in case you end up with a winner and make it as a famous blender some day, I'll be able to say I tried one of your first.

Jan 8, 2013
Well, that's unlikely, since I'm basically doing this for myself, and a few others who might have tastes that are similar to mine. My end-game here is to come up with a tobacco that I like enough to smoke most of the time, that's not extremely difficult to make, and is relatively easy on the pocketbook so I can hoard it big-time (I'm talking hundreds of pounds, not tens) in case things get worse for tobacco users instead of better, which all of us fully expect to happen.
I hope things don't get too terrible for pipe tobacco. I know cigarettes just keep going up and up and up with all the dang taxes they keep heaping on them. I'm fine with that on a personal level, simply because I mean to quit the nails anyway, and if it gets to the point where it's smokes or food... all the more reason to quit. On a non personal level, I think it's crap. But that seems to be what they want to attack the most. A lot of these people don't like cigarettes just to not like them and the people that smoke them. I've actually been standing outside smoking on a number of occasions when someone walking by made a show of covering their mouth and nose and coughing as though I had just blown a cloud of smoke in their face... when in reality, they were going the opposite direction and the wind was blowing the smoke in another, and they never even came within 20 feet of me. But as far as taxes and legislation and whatever... they're going to do it, just to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.