PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
I enjoy ropes, especially SG Brown #4. But not so much now as when I had a pack & a half habit and could take the heavy dose of vitamin N
What tobaccos / blends do you mix ropes with? All suggestions are open as I'll be placing an order. Bulk preferred.
Thanks.
Jamie

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo newfie - with potent ropes, and being a nicwimp, I tend to parfait them with Virginias. I don't do burleys much, but if I did, I suppose those would be usable too. Using a cigar cutter, I nip off coins and put them in between pinches of the other blend.
hp

les

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe PS Burley 702. I mix a little with the Black Irish X rope, milder than the brown. But not much.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Black XX blends 50/50 with Jack Knife Plug extremely well.
8O Not sure why, as I've never tried this... but my mouth started watering after reading this... going to have to pick up some Black XX as soon as I can and try this out.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Thanks for your suggestions folks.
This weekend I tried coins of Brown #4 layered with PS Cube Cut. Worked very well, flavours and strengths changed in interesting ways.
It was in a fairly large Altinok Meer, chamber size ~ 7/8" X 1-1/2".

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Villiger "After Dinner" (or equivalent) works as well. Cuts the intensity, keeps it burning slightly hotter and so it is less likely to go out. Also adds a little sweetness to all that morbid pure tobacco intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.