PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I've asked this question in someone else's post and got a couple of promising responses, but looking for more...
Anyone have a recommendation of an affordable, good tasting tobacco that has a *very* pleasant room note? I am a new smoker, but can see with winter months on the horizon, I will be wishing to smoke indoors and would prefer that my family like my new hobby rather than telling me to get outside or to the basement! :)
Thanks for any help.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Boswell's aros smell really good as a general rule. I'm also a BIG fan of Pete's Summertime 2011, but it's more expensive.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Boswell's aromatics have the best room notes money can buy and they ACTUALLY TASTE like they smell for once! I highly recomend Christmass Cookie and Berry Cobbler.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
+3 any Boswell's aro.The only one I haven't liked is Berry Cobbler and I wouldn't really say I didn't like it because I would still smoke it I just liked it less than the others.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
If your only option for place of purchase is a smoke shop, maybe try Captain Black White. My uncle lets me smoke it in his house.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
Any of the Mac Baren Seven Seas blends or Villiger's 1888 Mid Day are good smelling smokes.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Sutliffs private stock "molto dolce"...Boswells "no bite delight" tastes and smells like a tootsie roll. Pipe and cigars "egg nog". Milan's tobacco "butter berry".

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture. Not exactly cheap, but if you want great tobacco depth and flavour with a topping that you can taste and smells great in the air, this is the stuff!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
An easy to find OTC at almost any Smoke Shop is Macbarren 7 Seas Royal. For an OTC it is pretty good, no bite and even MY Wife likes the smell of it, which is very strange.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
The ones my wife likes are: 1-Q, macB vanilla cream, AC Peterson Mark Twain.
She also loves Peterson 2011 Holiday blend, but that's more expensive, if you can still find a tin at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.