PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonh

Lurker
Mar 10, 2010
Twin Cities
So, just to be contrary, What's the vilest room note of any tobacco you've had? I mean the ones that can compete with the leaky o-ring on the day after a bowl of chili.....
Mine is (was) Dunhill London Blend. Lovely English, but oh my the smell it left behind....
That reminds me of a story: In my college days I had a buddy who had, for lack of a better word, infamous bowels. We were sitting in a friend's room in the middle of the hallway when he let loose. He continued to placidly read his magazine as on both sides of the room doors were flung open, and strapping young men with stinging tears in their eyes, stumbled down the halls and into the outdoors, screaming about something having died inside. This continued until the whole hall was empty. My friend continued to sit placidly reading his magazine, the very picture of calm in the storm. It was the stuff of legends....

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
For me it would have to be Dan Tobacco Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend. I have only smoked a half of a bowl of it and I liked the room note, but my wife said that it was one of the most foul smells that she has ever smelled from any of my tobaccos. She likened it to fresh dog crap, but not in so nice of terms.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The loudest complaints I have had were over the no longer available geezer blend Plow Boy. Five Brothers comes close though.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Back in the day, when Balkan Sobranie was still in production, I could go

into a room of People smoking this blend. Sooner or later, someone would

look on the bottom of their shoe...

highstump

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2010
For me it would have to be Dan Tobacco Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend. I have only smoked a half of a bowl of it and I liked the room note, but my wife said that it was one of the most foul smells that she has ever smelled from any of my tobaccos. She likened it to fresh dog crap, but not in so nice of terms.
I got pretty much the same reaction to Penzance. I don't understand why because I love the stuff.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My better half who puts up with almost anything said xnay to Stanwell Melange . She made such a fuss I gave the tin away . Funny that I can smoke Ratrays and bow legged bear and thats ok .

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Bill Bailey's Balkan got me in trouble with the whole family. How can something taste so good, and smell so bad. I love that stuff, but I would have to go to the desert to smoke it.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
My wife hates peterson's 3p. It is now in the cigar catagory ie for outdoors only.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
My wife hates Latakia period. Outdoors only. My neighbors slam their windows when I smoke an English blend. I think Latakia is glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.