PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
To remove smoke you need a three stage heppa system. To remove odor you will need an ozinator. Depending on the size of the room is how you judge what size heppa system you will need. They are measured in CFM's. A regular sized ozinator will work in large spaces. The three stage heppa filter consists of the heppa filter, a charcoal filter and a soft pre filter.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
When I was looking at air purifiers, I noticed the Rabbit minus a2's.
Sounds like cigrmaster is referring to some heavy duty equipment!
Installing a vent outake, like a smoke eater would probably be best. Thats like what B&m's use. Just a vent in the ceiling that moves air out. Id imagine they cost a LOT too.
A small purifier/filter like the rabbit would work with a small space. Keep in mind, this will only make the air a little cleaner and less stinky since you arent moving any air out. There are little ozone purifiers too, check out cigar aficionado who reviews them from time to time.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Roths honeywell sounds like the purifier I mentioned too... cleanable filters, replaceable charcoal.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks! Not worried about smell as much as turning the house yellow. I smoke cigars & pipes, wife still cigarettes. But going back to smell, we have non/ex smokers that come over, so concerned about them also.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yeah the best way is Harris’s way. But those are expensive. I’ve found a cheaper way if you are smoking in a cave like I have to. I put a carbon filter in the furnace, and use a Lampe Berger in the room that absorbs some of the smokes smell and adds to it. I use cinnamon. Lighter oils don’t work, I tried orange…Fail.
Craig

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would go on line to CL and look for some commercial grade Heppa units. You want one that has a CFM rating of at least 1000. I had 4 1500 CFM units plus an ozinator in my pool hall for 20 years and not one time did any of the equipment ever break down. Stay away from anything that mentions electrostatic, those suck. I forget the name of my Heppa units, and no idea the name of the ozinator. I bought them all in 1990.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Thank you all, bought the Honeywell Air Genius 5 for now. If this doesn't work will go the more expensive route. Have heard negative reports about the Ozone machines & actually have 2 that I prefer not to use. Bad PR on the ones I have & actually put the company that was selling it, went out of business.

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
I use an exhaust fan built into the wall of my smoking room. No smell is detectable within 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.