PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
Hello, I bought this table lighter on ebay as a Ronson Queen Ann style lighter, but today once I opened the parcel and inspected it closer, I found an MTC engraving on the bottom. Is it Ronson and if not, is MTC worth anything? What are your overall thoughts about it? Thanks, very appreciated.

IMG_0747_zps3b81a807.jpg

IMG_0750_zps5eca3c32.jpg

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
Oh, and one more question. How do I increase the gas supply so that the fire goes taller? Do I have to screw the larger or the smaller cap?

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
The reason I asked is a tattered wick and/ or a short wick can reduce the flame height and is usually easier to fix. If it's a butane with a nozzle, there should be an adjustment screw somewhere.

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
The wick length must be the problem, in fact, it is just 2 milimeters long! Should I just gently pull it out a little or what?

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
@blacksmith That's the way to go, the secret is finding the wick length that gives you the flame size you want. at some point you'll need to get a new wick but that's easy enough to do, until then just trim the wick when its not working its best and pull it out to your preferred length which you'll figure out easy enough.

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
Thank you, I just pulled it out and it's fine, although It went out of fuel a few days ago. Do you happen to know what kind of fuel can I use?

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
Oh, excellent! So which screw do I have to use for refilling? The small or the big one? Thanks!

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Probably the large, the small one might be your flint tube, although you may have to remove both to open it up, I'm really not sure about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.