PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Following some rustication experiments that's a new born pipe.Some changing in rustication just to obtain a rock style

Maurizio
dsc2879b.jpg

dsc2880x.jpg

dsc2882.jpg

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
This is a great piece...I love a big pipe that have heavy rustication like this...top notch stuff.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
ok how was it done? in a tumbler? did you leave extra material on what was to be the polished surfaces and remove it later, or did you mask them off? i knownothing about such things but i'd like to learn when i can.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I used a chisel with a "V" shape turned on briar always on right.Smoth parts have been sanded before rustication then resanded after the dark stain to get clear briar again.At finally smooth parts have been stained with a acool aniline mix, made by walnut,yellow and mahogany.Rusticated needs usually no wax,but shellac and so i done.

Maurizio

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Very well done, Maurizio. I expect to start seeing your picture in some of these pipe shows.

You seem to have a gift for this sort of thing.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
nice pipe...
wondering if this is just a hobby for you? or are you a professional pipe maker?
I have a few pipes with that style of rustication...I love how it feels in my hand...a bit of added grip...

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
That is some very nice texture sir.

I have recently added some off those small v shaped chisels to my arsenal. This helps motivated me to play with those.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
"wondering if this is just a hobby for you? or are you a professional pipe maker?"

No my friend don't like at the moment come into the business, fun will fly as the the smoke from a pipe.But i don't know the future so nothing is impossible but simply difficult

Maurizio

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Pentangle,

Why do I see a quite room,small table with red Table Wine and a basket of

hard bread and cheese ?

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.