PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
I just bought a tin 50 grams at the gun and knife show for $4.00.

Anyone ever hear of this stuff? It smells good. I am about to stuff a bowl and give ya a review.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I've been working my way through a tin of this myself this month. And today when I was making my monthly tobacco order, a tin of this ended up in the shopping cart.
It does have a pleasant tin note of sweet cavendish and some type of fruit topping. The cavendish note makes its way into the smoke for a nice pipey side stream. But wait, what is that underneath? It is a fairly decent virginia. The strength is there too. I have had some good relaxing smokes with this and will probably open another in a few months.
I like tobaccos like this once in a while that are not exactly aromatics but have enough of a topping to be noticeable and unique, while still providing tobacco taste underneath. University Flake, Erinmore, and Crushed White Burley come to mind. I hope you enjoy the tin as much as I did.
chacom-600x448.jpg

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I really like Robert McConnell's Glen Piper. It's mainly a Virginia base with what I suspect is a Virginia cavendish and just a hint of Perique. The last tin I had was pretty well aged so I didn't get much fruitiness from it but I'm a bit taste bud challenged & could've missed any subtle fruit. The Virginias used in the blend make it superb for me.

And the old McConnell tins had cool artwork. Picked up a newer tin last year to stash & the label now is not as much fun.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
The one I bought has some pretty neat art on the front.

Its a flake that has been some what broken up, but not enough to be ready rub. I like this stuff quite alot. I like the flavor texture. It has some dynamics that ya tast with different drawls. And it has different flavors as you hold it , draw it in, and let it out. And it changes according to how much smoke you draw, a sip tastes different than a larfer volumn.

In a way it makes me think of sweet grass that you can get from the upper midwest. The natives used it as an incense.

Status
Not open for further replies.