PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I was mistaken when I bought this tobacco, that it didn't have any latakia in it. It does and I was disappointed when I cracked it and got that telltale odor. I used to love Lat. the stronger the better but my tastes have certainly changed the last couple of years. VA/Per/Bur blends are where it is at for me. However once I fired up my Dunhill Banker with this tobacco I was favorably impressed. I can taste a nice sweetness a spicyness and the Lat. pokes its nose under the tent once in awhile. The only other Lat. that I'd even consider would be MacBaren Vintage Syrian. I would highly recommend this blend.

Reactions: Toast
I mistakenly bought this blend also, thinking it didn't have latakia. I gave it a whirl, and the latakia didn't bother me as much as the dirt taste, without any sweetness. I've set the tin aside, and it's been pushed so far to the back of my rotation that I had forgotten that I even had it, till I saw your post. It's bone dry now, so it will go into the compost now. I figure if I haven't wanted to even try it again after a couple of months, I probably don't like it, ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.