PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zztop

Lurker
Aug 5, 2018
good afternoon my name is rob and I like to introduce myself,

big fans of peterson pipe and latakia tabaccos as well , i do love also to restore vintage pipes just for fun

what else ... big fanZz of zztop ... as per nickname
ciao

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! Being a beginner I'm a big fan of everything right now.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ciao, Rob! Amerikanski? Italiano? Not that it matters, I am just a curious chap.
How far way from the Savinelli factory are you?
Welcome.

zztop

Lurker
Aug 5, 2018
hi , i am italian , savinelli factory is let say not so far away from milano

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Italy? You're in food heaven, north or south, though the styles are quite different. My wife spent time there with friends who run a NY/Queens restaurant frequented by Tony Bennett among others. My wife does some mighty fine Italian dishes, though we're not Italian.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We need more ZZ Top fans. A few years ago, we saw them at a small venue in Southern MD, on the water. I was walking back along the dock, before the show, hoping for a place to smoke my pipe. I rounded a corner of a boat house and Billy G. was smoking a cigarette. I said hello, and that I didn't mean to intrude, just looking for a place to enjoy a pipe for a few minutes before the show. He gave me that point and said "cool man", which I took to mean it was OK to hang out. He finished his smoke a few minutes later, I said peace, flashed him the peace sign, and he headed for the stage. That was a great evening!
Welcome to the forum!

zztop

Lurker
Aug 5, 2018
afternoon everybody , regarding zztop .. i do " love" them since ' 80 when i got first time the "honour" to listen la grange and tush in a pub, i 'm in milano , so north italy , my food habits lets say different than south...we have risotto , pasta e fagioli, cazoela, bistecca alla milanese, osso buco etc etc ... but food in south is fantastic ...
busy at the moment with restore some meerschaum and standard system pipe enjoy brebbia latakia , erinmore latakia ... and sometimes just forte ,or comune tabacco .. i do enjoy italian toscani ... also ..

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Welcome
I saw ZZ Top a few years ago opening for Tom Petty. Good stuff.
Have you watched this?
https://www.amazon.com/ZZ-Top-Live-Montreux-2013/dp/B018GVH7H8/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1533587204&sr=1-3&keywords=zz+top&dpID=51TpHYxJo2L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Savinelli, Beretta, two of my favorite companies. :)
I love Italy and hope to make it back there someday.

zztop

Lurker
Aug 5, 2018
thanks everybody , I appreciate .. at the moment I'm quite busy in restorin an old Hardcastle. stem ... out of order , tenon broken... i stop for today to drink espresso ... i need to be very calm ...ahhaha :)
@sea captain ... beretta ??? ... do they produce pipe ? ..... :) . ...

Status
Not open for further replies.