PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
My wife and I leave soon for Colorado and will be passing through Iowa and Nebraska. I was just curious if anyone knew of any places to stop along the way (pipe related or not), or anything in Northeast Colorado. I saw there is a tobacconist in Estes Park, and I was hoping to try one of their blends. Anybody ever been there? The place is Wynbrier, and it looks like they are a wildlife art gallery with a smoke shop attached.
I am taking my bent Wessex Volcano and my straight billiard Stanwell, along with some 1Q and a local English blend. I have been looking forward to staring at some mountains while I smoke my pipe for a very long time.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Aawwe maaaaan.... I thought this was an invite. :(
Just kidding. I don't know any baccy shops in the area but my sister used to live in CO Springs, and those mountains and that climate has to be the most beautiful place in the world... Enjoy!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
We had planned a vaction there this year , but my wife switched jobs . I will look at the Colorado tourism book and wish I was there with you . Have a super trip . :mrgreen:

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
The Wynbrier Ltd., in Estes Park, isn't really a traditional tobacco shop. It's more of a curio/art store with a small pipe and tobacco selection in the back. At one time it was more of a smokeshop, but the town's anti-smoking laws put an end to that. They blend most of their tobaccos, and have some interesting mixtures. "Old Moses", a light English, is one of they're older blends, and is pretty good. Definitely worth a visit if your in Estes Park. Beautiful area, by the way. Here's a link: http://www.wynbrier.com/default.htm

Also, check out the Stanley Hotel. Very historic with stunning views.
If your in Denver, Edward's is a must visit. They're in Englewood, a few miles south of Downtown. Here's a link to they're address, as they have no website: http://www.bing.com/local/details.aspx?lid=YN137x2657405&qt=yp&what=edward's+pipe+and+tobacco&where=Colorado+80113&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02&mkt=en-us&q=edward's+pipe+and+tobacco&FORM=LARE
Then, if you can make it down to Colorado Springs, Stag Tobacconist is a must. Great store, great folks, excellent selection. One of the best stores in Colorado, IMHO. Here's a link: http://www.stagtobacconist.net/
Have a great trip. Welcome to "Colorful Colorado"!
CACooper

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I was in Estes Park at the beginging of June not a whole lot. If anything, there are more head shops. But there is nothing better then relaxing at night in the campsite with an amzing view and a pipe in hand. Enjoy your trip.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Yep, gotta agree with the headshop angle. Colorado is a "medical" marijuana state, and "dispenseries" abound, sometimes across the street from each other. Quite a competitive industry, and headshops are on almost every street corner in some locales. Thankfully, the town of Parker, where I live, doesn't allow them, nor any pot sellers.
The Wynbrier Ltd. is NOT a headshop, quite the contrary. Classy, quaint place, with a variety of wildlife sculptures, taxidermy and artwork for sale. Feel free to bring in the wife and kids. Just make your way to the rear of the store for the pipes and tobacco.
CACooper

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
CACooper is right - Stag Tobacconist down in Springs is a must. Best in the Centennial State.
Prince Philip's isn't too far off the interstate if you're here in town.
Welcome! Enjoy your visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.