Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
Any suggestions for a blend to smoke while driving. I drive about 40 miles one way for work so a good deal of my pipe smoking is in my truck. I have found that the Scotts milk and honey and scotts butternut are both good blends for driving. They smoke smooth and easy with little ashing or relighting required. Most important they don't tend to blow hot Ashes out. Any other suggestions. Also what pipe type. My full bent Dr Grabow works good cause I can see the bowl and it usually doesn't require a pipe cleaner during a smoke. The condensation doesnt build up it so it has little to no gargle.

thewalrus21

Lurker
Jul 26, 2014
Pipe suggestion- reverse calabash, no gurgle, nice and cool smoke.

Blend- I'm just gonna mention some great blends that go with all occasions:

Black and gold

7 seas (any of them)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't smoke when I drive, but rsuninv is onto something; flake burns low and slow and the ashes

don't fly around. It would be worth a try.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I love to drive and smoke my pipe. I'm usually reaching for a cob or a bulldog for those longer trips. I agree that a flake is a good choice with air flow inside the vehicle. Love the kayak in your avatar. My wife and I both have SOT fishing 'yaks and have had them all over the NE in both fresh and salt water. Nothing like a Nantucket sleigh ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.