Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
From House of Calabash on Facebook:
It with a heavy heart that The Master Blender of Oregon Steven Books passed away this morning after a long battle with advanced prostate cancer. He was surrounded by family and close friends.

He lived a long and full life and will be deeply missed by all that knew him.

The blending will live on, for now I need to focus on the family and will update soon when things will be back to normal.

Thank you everyone for supporting Steven and his family.

There will be a memorial in Portland, Oregon soon, I will post the information here.

~ Eva Books (Steven's daughter & Master Tobacconist)

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Heartfelt condolences to all who knew him. He was very generous with his knowledge and sharing his passion for tobacco and pipes. His blends were outstanding.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Sad, sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He was a living legend. I had hoped he would stay that way.

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
I am very sad to hear this. I have visited his shop many times on my trips to Oregon. He was very engaging fellow and a great Tobacconist. I hope that his daughter can keep up his blends. RIP Steven!

Jun 27, 2016
There are (were?)some some good pics posted somewhere of him in front of his shop and blending up tobacco. I looked on tobaccoreviews and something on the list sounded interesting to me.

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Try a search "Steven Books Oregon". Here is one I found.
https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2012/06/gallery-tobacconist-steven-books.html
Which Tobacco interested you?

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4wkxU_DWNY
Now I know what Steven came out of the back of the shop clutching dearly. "Steve's Own" I paid a dear price for it and am saving it for a "special occasion". This will be it tonight. Dedicated to SB. :puffpipe:

Jun 27, 2016
Those were the pics! Cool vid as well, and their "Irishman's 5 'o' Clock" sounded like it might be good. :puffy:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I saw the news the other day. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to visit his shop or try any of his tobacco's. Always sad when someone from the hobby passes away. May he rest in peace.

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
RE:Balk. Yes the 5:eek:'clock is a very tasty blend.

The unadvertised "Stevens Own" is probably a Va/Per. SWMBO, uncharacteristically, even liked the room note. As usual for HOC, it burned to fine ash in a gourd calabash.

Status
Not open for further replies.