Nov 12, 2014
Country legend leaves us at 85.
gettyimages-3317198.jpg

Hee-Haw.jpg

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Roy Clark and Buck Owens were 2 of my very early musical influences. There wasn't a Sunday evening in my house that Hee Haw wasn't on TV. Roy is one of the reasons I wanted to learn to play the guitar.
RIP Roy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think Roy won many new friends for country music. He projected a lot of warmth along with the gentle humor, and was a serious musician.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Sad to hear this.......... Roy was one of my favorites, what talent he had!!

Roy could play

Roy could play indeed, and could play many different styles. I always loved this one, from "The Odd Couple"......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xssnp7R51A

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
He was an awesome performer. My dad's favorite, I loved growing up with Heehaw, pickin and a grinnin! RIP!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing Roy live at the Stambaugh Theatre in Youngstown, Ohio back in 1996. We were the only people under 40 at the concert; but I wasn't going to miss Roy Clark. My wife hadn't much exposure to Roy; she is a classically trained flautist so she appreciates how difficult it is to master an instrument. When he closed the show with Malaguena (same song from The Odd Couple episode), on a 12-string Ovation Adamas, her mouth was agape.
A treat we will never forget.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Grew up on Hee Haw. Thinking back I remember well Roy's musical talent, warm smile and humor. Can't forget Stringbean, Grandpa and all the beautiful young women. Raise a pipe to Roy Clark and quality family entertainment. Thanks Roy, Gone but not forgotten.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

One of my favorites.
Me too. He was the best. RIP Roy Clark.
Grew up on Hee Haw. Thinking back I remember well Roy's musical talent, warm smile and humor. Can't forget Stringbean, Grandpa and all the beautiful young women. Raise a pipe to Roy Clark and quality family entertainment. Thanks Roy, Gone but not forgotten.
Hear, hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.