Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:   

RIP Jerry Lewis

(13 posts)
  1. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Jerry Lewis, the brilliant, divisive giant of comedy, died at his Las Vegas home Sunday morning at age 91. The news was first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal and then confirmed by Lewis’s agent

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/jerry-lewis-controversial-comic-titan-behind-nutty-professor-mda-telethon-dead-91-180652153.html

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Funny guy... RIP

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. jndyer

jndyer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My love of comedy stems from the first time I watched The Nutty Professor. I sat in awe and realized that funny is what I wanted in movies. RIP.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

He and Martin were so tremendous together. And I grew up watching his telethons. Lewis was one of the good ones.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the laughs and for your charitable work. RIP

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Jerry Lewis took a difficult personality full of egotism and neediness and transformed it into joy and laughter, and in some cases research and healing. If we could all take our negatives and turn them to the good the way he did, the world would be a much better place. I loved his work with Dean Martin way back when. The French adore his full-length films, far more than Americans do even. He had an ill-fated nighttime talk show that was just too much Jerry, but I still remember some of the gags. He would sing to the "West Side Story" tune ... "Maria, I just met a guy named Maria, and suddenly the name will never sound the same to me...." Jerry had some large number of sons, and I bet in their own ways they've done well by the world. Jerry was not an altogether happy man, but he made many others happy. He did some fine non-comedic movie acting as well, and I wish he'd done more of that.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have never laughed harder than I did at the movie theater, watching his characters during the later 60's.

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Loved his work with Dean Martin when I was young, never missing one of their movies. The Nutty Professor was a revelation to me as to his real talent. RIP Buddy Love...

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh no

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. kcghost

kcghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sad news.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

ukbob

Login to Send PM

Used to love watching his films. RIP.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. mikestanley

mikestanley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is sad. Happily, Jerry Lee Lewis has been resurrected! Apparently CNN, in their haste or incompetence, put "the killer's" name one their news crawler instead of the great comedians' name. I hope it wasn't an anti pipe smoking stunt, Jerry Lee smoked or smoked a pipe.

Mike S.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tuold, cshubhra, sumusfumus, georged, jaytex969, agnosticpipe, cortezattic, paulfg, pitchfork, malicev, railman, jerrynyc, catyrpelius, jiminks, olkofri