PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Another monumental talent passes on. Cheers, Mr. Le Boeuf.
58f11deb1b0000330016ba0a.jpeg

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Many fond memories of his music while growing up, and hearing it now takes me back to when life was less complicated.
RIP Glenn and thank you for the memories, and life's lessons you shared with your good-bye tour. May the Lord comfort and bless his family, and comfort them in knowing he accepted Jesus as his savior.

deepspringfarm

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2013
Weird, hadn't listened to him in quite a while, and some of us pulled out his music today to listen to it, as well as Pat Boone.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
His was the sound that many singing stars wanted on their records. A heck of a picker in the Southern California region before he started to get noticed as a singer. "A picker's, picker."
He had a great run!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Sad news. Sadder that we may be in the generation that saw the birth of Rock-n-Roll (and it's decline), and the morphing of "country" music into the mainstream auto-tune techno world. I've never been a true fan of country music, but I'd listen to Glenn, Willie, Chris LeDoux and a host of others before listening to what is supposed to be country today.
Of course, I'm old. Now where did I leave that "Get Off My Lawn" t-shirt?

May 4, 2015
Agreed. Not a whole lot of country left in country. It's all morphed in to some sort of musically androgynous watered-down hybrid pop designed to get early-twenties bimbos out of their daisy dukes at ridiculous festivals. Disappointing.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thought it was worth bumping for this:
Alice Cooper interview on Glen Campbell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6q2hsdXenQ

Status
Not open for further replies.