R.I.P. Debbie Reynolds

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by lifesizehobbit
  • Latest reply from pagan
  1. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All major outlets reporting that one day after her daughter's death, Debbie Reynolds passed away approximately 9pm EST (6pm Los Angeles) from symptoms related to stroke.

Reynolds was at her daughter's Los Angeles home with son Todd Fisher discussing funeral arrangements for Carrie Fisher when 911 was called to the residence.

Such a stunning piece of news; 2016 has certainly claimed a number of notable people.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The names are certainly different. To be expected I suppose. But, the numbers do not seem much different than the past few years. Seems as though actors, actresses, singers, drummers, etc. have about the same mortality rate as other careers.

That said, Debbie Reynolds was a special one for sure. Multi-talented, vivacious, badly treated, much loved, she was a "oner."

The older I get the faster the notables from my youth die.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A double post of stuff not really worth repeating.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

William Holden was the first great movie star who passed away on my watch. I saw "The Counterfeit Traitor" at the El Dorado Springs, MO Drive-In circa 1962 and then Ms. Reynolds in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" at a Kansas City walk-in theater in 1964.

If this pattern continues, Dame Julie Andrews - of "Sound of Music" fame - is next. While she hasn't sung professionally in years, that beautiful coloratura soprano will make the world a far less interesting place to reside when she passes away. (Kansas City walk-in 1965.)

"Debbie Reynolds was a special one for sure. Multi-talented, vivacious, badly treated, much loved, she was a "oner."

What a superb epitaph, Warren.

Fnord

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says - like dumb - I'm smart and I want respect!
    Fredo Corleone
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What a frigging tragedy

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   methomp, pitchfork, daniel7