PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sad news, a bit young. I hated that kind of music, but in the 10 years, I've come to love a lot of these songs and style of music (girl bands). The production was incredible (say what you will about Phil Spector). We saw Ronnie Spector last year, in a small theater which was a real thrill. During a quiet moment, I shouted "we love you Ronnie". She replied back, "I love you too baby". So,Ronnie Spector said she loved me! Darlene Love another favorite remains on my "must see" list. These ladies won't be around forever.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
"The Crystals" was a great girl-group, back in the day. Many here are just to young to know. I'm old enough to remember these groups when the were new and very exciting to us teenagers. Teens singing to other teens, can't be beat. We all danced, loved, broke up, cried, and learned about our future lives while listening to their music.
As much as I enjoyed all of this music back in the 60s, I can't watch any of these "Golden Oldies" revival shows that they have on TV, today. Sometimes special memories should remain that way. Reality, can be too ugly.
Frank

NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.